A taste of the South, leaving me craving for more...

My first trip to the South was (ok, kinda lame) a business trip to Charlotte, North Carolina.  It was a short trip, but I had a sampling of some really tasty foods.  More importantly, I was impressed by the hospitality and kind generosity of the people.

My first meal was dinner after I landed in Charlotte - a car rental agent strongly recommended that I to go to Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar.  Although it was in the opposite direction to where I needed to go, I punched the address into my Garmin and off I went. Sitting at the bar, I had a great time.  I ordered a sushi sandwich with 'bread' made from crab meat (kani) and sushi rice.  It was a delicious BLT sushi sandwich.


The next day, craving for fried chicken, I was driving around trying to find some.  Through a combination of lack of time and not being in the right location, I ended up at a fried chicken wing chain called Wingstop. I enjoyed the wings, which were well seasoned, very tasty and freshly fried.


Another memorable meal was a bbq lunch with co-workers. Delicious tender pulled pork with hush puppies (oh yes, I love them now) and a side of beans.  (Hush puppies are fried corn meal.)


And lastly, I got some 'chicken minis' from Chick-fil-A, a box of bite-sized chicken nuggets sandwiched in between soft white rolls. Best breakfast ever!

All in all, a great trip which makes me crave to go back again to visit more of the South - to go to Charleston and Savanna - and taste more delicious Southern delicacies.


Popular Posts